31 Days of Finishing – Day 11: Do the FUN thing When It’s Super Hectic
Do you have days (and even weeks) where life is especially hectic and tiring?
- a sick child requires extra care,
- you have to do overtime at work,
- household appliances are broken and have to be dealt with,
- there is a mix-up on insurance that necessitates multiple phone calls to straighten out,
- your own health has taken an unpleasant turn and needs attention.
Me, too. This past week was draining and today was l…o…n…g… (but a fun day too). I co-hosted a Fancy Nancy Tea party for the girls (3-10 years old) from our church. It was a LOT of work and I came home pooped. I took care of my recovering daughter (from a concussion), and then attended a bridal shower.
After a long week and day, the last thing I wanted to do was another to-do! So I did something fun from my secondary list: I started a new book, The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett. I am reading classics until the end of the year. So far I’ve read The Winter of Our Discontent by John Steinbeck.
Moral of the story? I’ve heard it stressed how important it is to have fun to-do’s (take a walk, get a manicure, call a friend, write a poem) on our lists as well as the more serious ones (car maintenance, clean the fridge. pay bills). I rarely give myself permission to do the fun ones. Until today! I am hoping this break will help me to get back on track and soon.
During this month of October I am joining LOTS of bloggers hosted by The Nester who will be writing every day about a topic. My topic is about finishing. I will spend 31 minutes each day on a to-do item (from the secondary list).
I will write about it and share any productivity tips I find helpful to FINISHING things.
Your Turn . . .
- Do you have fun to-do’s on your list? How often do you do them?
- What is a classic book you would recommend that I read?
- How did you do with your 31 minutes of finishing?
- What was the last thing you crossed off your secondary to-do list?
Related Posts . . .
- 3 Reasons I Love the KINDLE Especially When my Shoulder Was Broken (plus 5 more reasons)
- 5 Quotes I Adore from The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
- 21 Things I Learned by Reading Individual Bible Books in One Sitting
- HOW TO Get People to Read Your Series: 9 Ideas
- I Am a Declutterer of Books