31 Days of Finishing – Day 15: Capture To-do Lists on Your Phone
Do you have a to-do list on your phone? Does it contain all sorts of items from personal to work and all categories in between?
I found the Reminders app on my new phone right away and I loved it right away. I almost always have my phone with me. Anytime I remembered something to-do or someone asked me to do something, I dictated the item to my Reminders List. It sure helped me to get over the fear of forgetting something.
However that list got soooooo long and unwieldy. It was hard to look up things or find them quickly.
Then I realized that I could write more than ONE list and that I could choose the name for the list. I spent 31 minutes on today’s to-do organizing those lists. That is my current list in the photo.
Moral of the story? If your phone has such an app, use it. I LOVE having my to-do’s at my finger tips. It is so easy (now) to see what I have to do. It is easy to remind myself of these to-do’s. I KNOW I will get more done in a timely manner.
I may never go back to a paper to-do list again!
I can see that I want to add a category – DREAMS. I have a few things (okay, a lot) on my “Dreams List.” I really want to make traction on these items. But these items don’t normally make my secondary list. Too busy. Too overwhelmed. Too unorganized to get it in. But it would be soooooooo awesome, if I completed them.
OKAY – after I complete this post, I am adding “DREAMS” and see what happens.
During this month of October I am joining LOTS of bloggers hosted by The Nester who will be writing every day about a topic. My topic is about finishing. I will spend 31 minutes each day on a to-do item (from the secondary list).
I will write about it and share any productivity tips I find helpful to FINISHING things.
Your Turn . . .
- If you have a to-do list (or three) on your phone, share how you organize it.
- If you don’t have one on your phone, how do you keep all the categories organized and easy to find?
- Do you have a “DREAMS” list? How good are you at doing something on that list on a regular basis?
- How did you do with crossing something off your secondary to-do list?
Related Posts . . .
- Bingo Helps Me Get Things Done
- How 20 Wishes List from Fictional Book Helps Me Live Today
- Live in the Day: a To-Do List
- Motivating Myself in Five Areas