31 Days of Finishing – Day 16: Give Some Love
You know those days when you are lacking energy to move forward on a project that doesn’t HAVE to be done today? But if you spent some time on it, that would be MARVELOUS! What is your best tip for combating, the “I Don’t Want to Do That” blues?
Mine is to give some love. After I’ve done this I feel all kinds of energetic and I’m READY to tackle that project! Some examples include . . .
- I buy a pizza for a gal who is a single mom.
- I call a friend with the purpose of listening to whatever she wants/needs to say.
- I carpool some kiddos even though none of my kiddos are in this carpool .
- I help someone with one of their to-do’s.
- I write a letter and send it to someone in need of some FUN mail.
Today I wrote out cards. . . . Thank you . . . encouragement . . . and get well. I fell pretty energetic right now.
The moral of the story? After spending time thinking about and loving on some folks, I now have extra energy to spend 31 minutes on my table! Another pile is going to be attacked. conquered. and demolished!
During this month of October I am joining LOTS of bloggers hosted by The Nester who will be writing every day about a topic. My topic is about finishing. I will spend 31 minutes each day on a to-do item (from the secondary list).
I will write about it and share any productivity tips I find helpful to FINISHING things.
Your Turn . . .
- Have you ever used “love” to get you motivated to tackle a project?
- When was the last time you sent a card? Was it for a purpose or just because?
- When was the last time you received a card? How did it make you feel?
- What item did you cross off your secondary to-do list today?
Related Posts . . .
- Letter Writing Meme Take Two
- Letter Writing Thoughts
- SIX Benefits Adults Receive by Writing Thank You Notes