31 Days of Finishing – Day 28: Do it for Charity
What is the longest you’ve ever grown your hair? Did you purposefully grow it long?
Until now my hair was almost down to my waist (in the back). And I accidentally grew it out. I got behind on my haircuts.
And then 7 months ago I radically changed my diet and started eating better. As a result, my hair started growing much faster.
Note: I was diagnosed with diabetes.
It has been fun putting my hair up like I am a character from a Jane Eyre book. But it wasn’t fun dyeing all that hair. And I’ve heard that a lady after a certain age just shouldn’t have long hair. Plus I think I do look better in shorter hair.
So I decided I would cut it when I got down to a certain weight. I am there. Time to celebrate.
Moral of the story? Whenever possible expand the celebration. I did this by getting my haircut today and donating it to Locks of Love.
I even got a different style. I think I like it. If not, it will grow and/or I can get a style more to my liking.
During this month of October I am joining LOTS of bloggers hosted by The Nester who will be writing every day about a topic. My topic is about finishing. I will spend 31 minutes each day on a to-do item (from the secondary list).
I will write about it and share any productivity tips I find helpful to FINISHING things.
Go here for the Landing Page with all the posts (which go live as they are written). The list is towards the bottom of the page.
Your Turn . . .
- Have you ever had a drastic haircut? What did you think afterwards?
- Is there something you need/want to do from your to-do list that if you did it could benefit others?
- What is the last thing you’ve done from your secondary to-do list?
Related Posts . . .
- 10 “A” Type Letters – I’m Choosing Appreciation
- Backwards Thinking to a (Diabetes) Goal of Eating More Veggies
- Do I Look Bossy to You?
- Hair & Memorizing
- Love in a Box
- Ministering to the Chronically Ill: 20 Ways That Take 20 Minutes