31 Days of Finishing – Day 29: Get Creative
What creative items do you have on your secondary to-do list? Why don’t you make it a priority to get them done?
I really enjoy creating. It (almost) always gives me a lift like I’ve just had an emotional massage. However like many of us, I let my busy life high-jack my emotional needs. I sacrifice creating on the altar of “getting things done” or “mis-managed prioritizes.”
Moral of the story? My emotional well-being & energy level suffer when I don’t do creative things. When I neglect the following my life becomes burdensome: puffy paint, writing utensils, music, mod podge, books, or my camera.
So today’s 31 minutes involved a book and mod podge. Colour me happy. (or maybe mod podge me happy!)
I get irritated with book covers. I always take them off. Then I lose them. Or the cover gets crinkled which irritates me even more.
Today I decided to mod podge the book cover onto the book. The book, Hind’s Feet on High Places is one I received from a friend, Ann, in 1980. I’ve read it many times, And each time I thin out my book collection, this book is never in jeopardy of going to the Goodwill.
In fact, I will put reading this book onto my to-do list since I am reading classics the rest of this year. I didn’t tell myself I couldn’t re-read one of them.
Ahhhhh! I love a good “emotional massage.” You?
During this month of October I am joining LOTS of bloggers hosted by The Nester who will be writing every day about a topic. My topic is about finishing. I will spend 31 minutes each day on a to-do item (from the secondary list).
I will write about it and share any productivity tips I find helpful to FINISHING things.
Go here for the Landing Page with all the posts (which go live as they are written). The list is towards the bottom of the page.
Your Turn . . .
- When was the last time you had an “emotional massage”?
- Does being creative help or frustrate you more?
- What creative item could you do that will give you more energy to do something you HAVE to do?
- How’s it going with your secondary to-do list?
Related Posts . . .
- 3 Reasons I Love the KINDLE Especially When my Shoulder Was Broken (plus 5 more reasons)
- How Good Books Aid in a Child’s Growth
- HOW TO Get People to Read Your Series: 9 Ideas
- I Am a Declutterer of Books
- QUICK! Decorate your KINDLE Cover With This No Sew Idea
- Using an X-ACTO to Make a Kindle Cover from a Hardback Book
- What to do With a Tattered BIBLE