Sending Thanks to a Church Attendee – Gratitude Project
Letter 8: Letter to a Church attendee – Today I actually sent a postcard. It was pretty and had a sweet truth about the Lord’s love. I sent it to someone I don’t know well. And yet I see her every week and I am impacted by her.
First I prayed for her. Then I mentioned on the postcard some of the things I prayed. These things included: health, guidance, friendship, and financial provision.
I ended by telling her 3 things I really appreciated. (1) Her faithful church attendance. (2) Her continuing interest in others. This dear lady takes this interest and uses it to pray for the folks in our church. (3) Her smile. You know how you feel all sunny inside when some people smile at you? This lady’s smile does that to me!
I am writing at least 36 letters expressing my gratitude. And I want to pray for them on that day as well. Go here for the original post and list of recipients. I am writing about it here in hopes that it spurs someone on to write their own gratitude letters.
Your Turn . . .
- When was the last time you received an appreciation card? How did it make you feel?
- Send a card or postcard to someone in your church, synagogue or service club you appreciate.
Related Posts . . .
- 10 “A” Type Letters – I’m Choosing Appreciation
- Five People Blessings & 5 Ways to Celebrate Them
- Sending Encouragement to a Younger Person
Entry filed under: Main.