Sending Thanks to a Friend – Gratitude Project
I know some amazing people. These folks are giving, growing, and fun. One such person is doing well at overcoming her past choices. I wrote her the following note . . .
I keep thinking about your recent achievement, 11 years clean – WOW! Thanks so much for your courageous and tenacious example.
The way you’ve held onto God and worked your program gives me great hope.
- It gives me hope that I can be an over-comer in the area of my eating.
- It gives me great hope that my family and friends with addiction issues can be over-comers too.
I also appreciate how giving you are of your wisdom and how vulnerable you are regarding your story.
Folks like this woman impact a wide circle of people. Her impact is more than temporal. I believe that she is impacting eternity as well. And I pray and hope that as I grow and give, that my impact is wide and brings others closer to God, too.
I am writing at least 36 letters expressing my gratitude. And I want to pray for them on that day as well. Go here for the original post and list of recipients. I am writing about it here in hopes that it spurs someone on to write their own gratitude letters.
Your Turn . . . Are any of your friends great examples too? Share how their courageous, tenacity impacts you?
Related Posts . . .
- 3 Ways to Encourage Others Year Round
- 9 Types of People I Don’t Need When Life Stinks
- What Does it Take to be a Good Friend?