Best Things To Do This Fall – My Fall Bucket List 2015
Fall starts this year September 23 and ends December 21. I haven’t done a Fall Bucket List in a while and so I am going to do one this year. This time I am going to put most of my list into one of the months. Maybe that way, I will get more done.
Why do I write Bucket Lists? I want to live more intentionally . . I want to spend more FUN time with friends and family. And sometimes my experiences take me out of my comfort zone which always cause me to grow!
- Watch a movie with friends. I will watch Les Mis with the PEP group from church. This movie is part of our 5th Tuesday Movie Night series.
- Fall Drink – Have a pumpkin spiced latte with a friend. Or make this one at home.
- Decorate – Put up one Fall decoration in my home or office. I normally only decorate for Christmas. But I am trying something new this year. Maybe this burlap wreath? This felt flower wreath is also cute.
- Create – Make Bed Treats for Women’s Retreat. I will do this with the Women’s Ministry team.
- Read – As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner
UPDATE – – – Fall Bucket List Update – September 2015
- Plan my weekend with Sofia. Her parents are gone one weekend and I get to have her.
- Autumn Field Trip. See if anyone wants to go to a corn maze, cemetery tour, or pumpkin patch with me.
- Refresh – Go to Women’s Retreat at Zephyr Point
- Create – a pumpkin masterpiece (carve, paint, glitter, or use stickers for a subway art pumpkin). Maybe create this sunflower mural with our Sunday School classes.
- Watch a movie with friends: He Named Me Malala. Here is the Official Trailer. This will be advertised as a women’s event for our church. Have you read the book?
- Read – a scary book: The Turn of the Screw and Other Short Fictionby Henry James or The ghost stories of Edith Wharton. Here is a list of more scary books. Have you read any of these?
- Participate in Nester’s 31 Days of Writing. I am studying and writing about laughter. There are 100’s who do this every year. Why don’t you join us?
UPDATE – – – Fall Bucket List 2015 Update – October
- Read – A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens before seeing the play.
- Field Trip – Go see A Christmas Carol: The Musical with the PEP group at Folsom Lake College.
- Another Bucket List – Write a Thanksgiving Bucket List and do at least a few of the items.
- Celebrate Thanksgiving in a new way – We probably won’t be going to the beach this year
- Make grown up Advent calendar. See this online Advent calendar. Here is an advent chain to make. Advent November 29 (ends December 24).
- Donate something extra. Operation Christmas Child is always something I do. Here are some posts about Operation Christmas Child . . . Everyone Can Help One Child . . . Grateful I am Able to Help . . . I Help Because I am a Parent, Auntie, and Missionary . . . Love in a Box . . . My Plan to Collect 55 OCC Boxes
UPDATE – – – Fall Bucket List Update – November
- Celebrate advent some more. Pick one/more of the following: wear purple, make a wreath, read an advent devotional, Read this. Or read this. This site has Advent ideas.
- Make snowman Christmas ornaments. I do this yearly with my nieces and daughter. Here are some past examples. Snowman Ornaments Made of Foam & Some Made with Eyeglasses . . . From Eyeglasses to Snowman Ornament (tutorial) . . . 4 Types of Home-Made Ornaments Using Decoupage, Dough, Clay, & Fabric
- Watch a movie with friends: The 33. Here is a trailer.
- More movies. I LOVE watching Christmas movies. Before Christmas, I want to watch 4 of them. Here are some posts I written about them. 3 Reasons to Watch Christmas Movies . . . Christmas Movies I Watched in 2011 . . . A Charlie Brown Christmas Quiz . . . The Nativity Filled Our Time and Minds
UPDATE – – –
- Write in notebook daily.
- Write at least 3 letters of gratitude.
- Read one book on gratitude: Living life as a thank you : the transformative power of daily gratitude by Nina Lesowitz
- Memorize 2 hymns
- Take gratitude photos (at least 7)
- Try 2 new pumpkin recipes. Pumpkin toffee tarts, anyone? Here is a pumpkin spice latte recipe. And here are 50 pumpkin recipes. Here are 45 paleo pumpkin recipes.
- Try 2 new apple recipes
- Make my first ever cake roll
- Make pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
- Try 2 new soup recipes. How about this mushroom cheeseburger soup?
READ (at least 3 of these)
- Night (Elie Wiesel)
- The Godly Grandparent (Dennis Ellingson)
- War and Peace (
- The Imitation of Christ (Thomas a Kempis)
- 1984 (George Orwell)
- The Sherwood Ring (Elizabeth Marie Pope)
- Grimm’s Complete Fairy Tales.
- The Magicians Nephew (CS Lewis)
- A Journal of the Plague Year (Daniel Defoe)
Your Turn . . . What things would you put on your Fall Bucket list? . . . Will you do any of the above mentioned things these next 3 months? . . . What is something I could do this Fall that would take me out of my comfort zone?
Related Posts . . .
- Fall Bucket List 2011 (Fruitful Words)
- Fall Bucket List 2012 (Fruitful Words)
- Bucket List Index (Fruitful Words)
- 56 Ideas For Your Fall Bucket List (Marelisa Fabrega from Daring to Live Fully)