Finding Laughter – Ted Talks (day 5)
Do you listen to TED Talks? TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, and Design (TED). Years ago my sister introduced these video talks to me and I go through spurts of scrolling through the topics to watch what interests me.
I like to watch them because . . .
- They are no more that 18 minutes (great to watch during lunch break and short enough to not over load my brain or emotions with information).
- The speakers usually have a well-crafted, well-delivered message that educates and inspires change of thought or action.
- I also appreciate the media that is typically used by the speaker (slides and/or video clips).
Since I am learning about and writing on laughter during October, I thought that I would see what TED has in the area of laughter. I came up with 51 videos.
My plan is to watch these 51 videos to learn about laughter. Of course I will report back any info-bits that are pertinent to laughter.
Your Turn . . . Do any of the titles in my list look interesting to you? If yes, which one(s)?
Related Internet Posts . . .
I am joining 100’s of others at #write31days to write every day in October on a single topic. My topic is 31 Days of Finding Laughter. I will spend time each day studying laughter to see if I can improve my laughter quotient.
Go here for the landing page which has all the posts in one spot.
Read, learn, and discover with me what this world of laughter is all about and is it all that it’s cracked up to be. And be sure to leave a comment. Talking together will make for a richer, interactive experience for all of us.
My TED talk list is after the jump.
- Being happy and living at the moment: Aisha Chaudhari at TEDxPune. – WATCHED… NOT ABOUT LAUGHTER
- Being silly: Sam Simmons at TEDxSydney – WATCHED
- A Comedian not a Joke – TEDxUWI – Learie Joseph
- Finding humour: Sareen Akarjalian at TEDxBeirut – WATCHED
- From BandAid to RadiAid, Laughing Our way to Change: Anja Bakken Riise at TEDxMuenster (TEDxMünster) – WATCHED
- Gesundheit Institute: Patch Adams at TEDxUtrechtUniversity – WATCHED – watch Patch Adams movie
- Hacking comedy | Baratunde Thurston | TEDxKC – WATCHED… Go to Fox ADHD… Read The Onion … Look up Whoppi, Bill Cosby and Garrison Keller.
- Haha, Wait, what? – TEDxAjman – Fahad Al Butairi – WATCHED. GET ON YOUTUBE
- Healing loneliness with laughter | Giulia Rozzi | TEDxCapeMay
- How humor can fuel innovation: Barry Kudrowitz | TEDxUMN – WATCHED. dO GAME WITH A GROUP. DOES HE HAVE A BOOK?
- How Humour Created The World: Christopher Molineux at TEDxStanleyPark
- How we thought laugh is important: Abdulrahman AlJameli | TEDxSanaa – WATCHED. Not in English
- Humor and science will lead the future – TEDxRotterdam – Kees Moeliker – WATCHED
- Humor at work: Andrew Tarvin | TEDxOhioStateUniversity – WATCHED
- Humor, creativity and the analytical mind | Ron Gifford | TEDxCarmelHighSchool
- I-Laugh-You: Sabine Jizi at TEDxLAU – WATCHED.
- Innovation and The Art of Laughter: Sushil Bhatia at TEDxUMassAmherst
- Jokes are my superpower: Danny Zuker at TEDxManhattanBeach – WATCHED – Watch Modern Family
- Laugh. breathe. innovate | Sushil Bhatia | TEDxYouth@CCHS – WATCHED.
- Laughter helps you cope with life’s challenges: Shareen Richter at TEDxJohannesburgWomen 2013 – WATCHED.
- Laughter: Love, Joy, and Language: Sophie Scott at TEDxImperialCollege
- Laughing to the Future: Hugh McClelland at TEDxPenticton
- Laughing Our Way to a Better World:Sindre Olav Edland-Gryt at TEDxBarcelonaChange – WATCHED
- Laughing to Keep From Crying: Joshua Musil Church at TEDxPiscataquaRiver
- Life is funny. Live it: Sundeep Rao at TEDxCoimbatore – WATCHED.
- Love, Laughter, Sushi: World Housing and Climate Change – TEDxVancouver – Michael Green
- Nerdcore Comedy
- On humor and education: David Low at TEDxYouth@CATPickering
- Scientist Turned Comedian: Tim Lee at TEDxUCSD
- Something to laugh about: Steve Mazan TEDxSanJoseCA 2012
- Stereotypes — funny because they are true | Katerina Vrana | TEDxThessaloniki
- The Chronicles of Comedy | Azeem Banatwalla | TEDxIIMShillong
- The Power of Honesty, Humility & Humor: Steve Shenbaum at TEDxSarasota
- The rediscovery of laughter: Magno Shavdia at TEDxKoeln – Die Wiederentdeckung des Lachens. WATCHED.
- The Science of Comedy: Kavin J at TEDxKL 2012
- The Serious Business of Comedy | Aditi Mittal | TEDxIIFTDelhi
- This is Your Brain on Comedy – TEDxRainier – Chris Bliss
- Using Humor to Communicate: Naveed Mahbub at TEDxDhaka
- Want to be innovative? Be funny! Peter Perceval | TEDxFSUJena – – – WATCHED.
- What Makes Things Funny – TEDxBoulder – Peter McGraw – – WATCHED Watch Seinfeld. Look up Peter Mcgraw.
- When it Comes to Laughter, We Are All Alike – TEDxDoha – Ahmed Ahmed
- When Pigs Fly: Sandra Boynton at TEDxYale
- When you laugh, something happens: Dale Williams at TEDxWesterfordHighSchool – WATCHED
- Where’s the joke?Janis Skutelis at TEDxRiga. – WATCHED – Not in english.
- Why computer engineering is like standup comedy: Wayne Cotter at TEDxRainier – WATCHED
- Why Laugh? Why Here? Why Now? Michael Fields at TEDxEureka – WATCHED
- Women in comedy: Regina Barreca at TEDxUConn 2013 – WATCHED – Watch 30 Rock
- World Laughter Master: Belachew Girma at TEDxAddis
- You’ve got to be joking – humour and education: Trevor Strong at TEDxQueensU