Fall Bucket List 2015 Update – October
We just finished month 2 of Fall 2015. Below is what I did this past month. My original Fall Bucket List is here.
I spent a weekend with Sofia, my grand daughter. Her parents were gone Halloween weekend and I got to have her at my home. I planned 15 things for us to do which was unrealistic for a weekend and with a toddler. I love making and collecting kid art and activities; so that is what we did.
- Made no-cook play dough. The most fun part was adding LOTS & LOTS of food coloring to the dough. Boy, did it stain our hands.
- But since it was still warmish we went swimming. And by time we got out, besides being wrinkled, our hands were dye free.
- Fro-yo with cousin Sammie was a fun activity
We had pizza with Uncle Mark, Aunt Jenny and cousin Emily and then went Trick-or-Treating.
- We had two hand printing sessions to make “leaves” for this hand print Fall wreath for mom and dad which is not done yet. It is amazing how opinionated toddlers are. For some reason hand printing was not a fave activity.
REFRESHED – I went with 31 Women for a Retreat at Zephyr Point.
CREATED – This burlap covered pumpkin took me 15 minutes to craft (not including painting the pumpkin brown beforehand).
Watched a movie with friends: Our church women’s ministry had planned on watching “He Named Me Malala” at the theater where I saw the previews. Did you know that just because a theater shows the previews, does NOT mean they will show the movie, too? Silly me for assuming that. So now I will be on the lookout for when it comes out on DVD. Then we will show it at church.
Instead of watching what we advertised, 4 of us (down from 14) went to the theater anyway (it’s only $5 on Tuesdays) and saw The Martian.
READ – a scary book: The Turn of the Screw
Participated in #write31days. I joined 100’s of others in writing every day in October on a single topic. My topic was 31 Days of Finding Laughter. I spent time each day studying laughter to see if I could improve my laughter quotient. . . . Go here for the landing page which has all the posts in one spot.
Recipes – Tried another pumpkin recipe – pumpkin pasta bake. To the white sauce I added mushrooms, red peppers, onions, and garlic. And instead of layering the filling and sauce, I mixed it all together with cooked Barilla Protein Plus Penne. This is a delicious recipe and I will make it again,
Your Turn . . .
Related Posts . . .
- 5 Reasons I Love Fall
- Best Things To Do This Fall – My Fall Bucket List 2015
- Fall Bucket List Update – September 2015
- Fall Bucket List 2012
- Fall Bucket List (2011)
- Bucket List Index