Do you pin many ideas to Pinterest? Do you do many of the things you’ve saved? Every once in a while I do! The latest thing I crafted was from my Fall Pinterest Board. It combined three things I love – Fall decor, puff paint, and prayer.
I created a prayer pumpkin.
The original post is here at Coffee with Us 3. Jamie used real mini pumpkins and a metallic sharpie to write names on the pumpkins. Read her post for all the details and to see her finished work. Leave her a comment while you are there.
I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on this project. So I went to the Dollar Store and bought one of those BRIGHT orange foam pumpkins. Boy, was it bright! Here is how I transformed if from BRIGHT to just right.
- I toned down the orange by dry brushing on brown acrylic paint and wiping most of it off.
- Then in a few spots, I dry brushed orange and yellow acrylic paint over the brown.
- Again I wiped most of it off.
- Using puff paint I divided my pumpkin into 7 sections.
- I wrote the days of the week at the top.
- And in each section I wrote what I am praying for that day.
I have never prayed according to day before. So I spent time brainstorming what could go in each section. The list I narrowed it down to as follows.
- Sunday – Church, Love God, Love Others, Harvest
- Monday – Christian & Missionary Alliance District Office and Head Quarters
- Tuesday – Small Groups, KidMin, PEP, Women’s Ministry (What I’m involved in at work/church)
- Wednesday – My Friends
- Thursday – Family, Relatives, Their Friends
- Friday – Governments
- Saturday – Missionaries (I miss spelled that on my pumpkin)
- Every day – on the bottom of the pumpkin – Godson, Grand daughter, My Kids, Facebook needs (a main reason I am on fb), and BUFF (my diabetic support group)
This is an easy craft and prayer project to do with any age. Instead of puff paint which might be hard for the younger kiddos to use, try letter, word or picture stickers. Of course the 7 sections are optional. You could do what Jamie did and devote one pumpkin to each family or group/need.
I love this newest addition to my Fall decor collection. And I am intrigued to see how this new way of praying goes.
Your Turn . . . What do you think of this idea? If you make one, please link back to your project as I’d love to see your take on a prayer pumpkin. . . . Have you ever prayed certain things for each day of the week? If yes, what was your experience? Do you have any tips?
Related Posts . . .
- 5 Reasons to Not Decorate for Holidays
- Fall Bucket List 2015 Update – October
- Singles Thanksgiving Bucket List
- 8 Tips for Finding a Prayer Partner
- A Dozen Rules for Prayer Partners, Part 1
- Prayer Impacts Us in 5 Ways