Friday’s Fave Fave – 12/11/15
“Find the good and praise it,” (Alex Haley).
A look back at my past week reveals things that are good and a cause for gratitude. In this post I share five such things.
ONE. Family Traditions. On Sunday I had the privilege of being part of my grand daughter’s first Christmas cookie-making time.
- I forgot to bring a few things so we walked to a near by outside mall to a kitchen store. The walk, the lights on the street, and being with one another added so much to the day.
- You know how kiddos (especially ones of the toddler variety) LOVE to
dump sprinkles onto their cookie creations? Well, not my Sofia. She very delicately gave two tiny shakes of the jar onto the chosen cookies. Although she was quite generous when using the frosting tubes.
- But like every other kiddo, she’d lick the knife and eat a cookie when the adults weren’t looking.
- Truth be told, I ate a few cookies that way, too.
TWO. Praying Friends. I believe in the power and “help” of prayer. I am so blessed to have a circle of folks who pray for me regularly. And blessed to have folks I can call or text to say, “please pray!”
THREE. Celebration of Life. I went to a memorial service for a friend’s father this week. It was such an inspiring service. I hope my life reveals such inspiration at my life’s end. I am grateful for Jim’s legacy and example. Both make me want to be a better woman.
FOUR. Music. This week music has cheered and inspired me . I have also used it as an aid to study and for sounder sleep.
FIVE. Small Group. On Mondays I facilitate two small groups. We are going through Face-to-Face with Naomi and Ruth: Together for the Journey by Janet Thompson.
- I love hearing the answers and questions they have from the book, the Bible, and each other.
- I love seeing their insights and growth. I love seeing the affection they have for each other.
- We had an especially thought-provoking time last Monday. Two of my fave questions were as follows. (1) How teachable are you? (2) What kind of person brings out a teachable spirit in you?
These are five of my blessings from last week. Share in the comments or link up at Living to Tell the Story to share your own post of five blessings.