Books for 31 Days of Fruitful Words & No Complaining
One of the things I do is research. I find books, internet information, videos and people that can help me learn more about the topic at hand. For this topic I looked for information about “complaining” and “gratitude.”
I included gratitude because I want to do more than stop moaning. I want to embrace gratitude. I believe (at this point of my journey) that if I were more thankful, I would be less of a complainer.
- Attitude of Gratitude (A Very Fairy Princess children’s book) by Julie Andrews & Emma Walton Hamilton
- The Book of Philippians by Apostle Paul (Bible)
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Power of Gratitude: 101 Stories about How Being Thankful Can Change Your Life by Amy Newmark
- The Gratitude Diaries: How a Year Looking on the Bright Side Can Transform Your Life by Janice Kaplan
- The No Complaining Rule: Positive Ways to Deal With Negativity at Work by Jon Gordon
- Stop Your Complaining: From Grumbling to Gratitude by Ronnie Martin
- The Weight of Your Words: Measuring the Impact of What You Say by Joseph M. Stowell
As I read the above books, I will share pertinent bits so that you can also benefit from what I learn.
Update on the No Complaining Challenge: I have gone 2 days without complaining.
Your Turn . . .
- What do you do to change a behavior?
- Have you read any of the above books? Any suggestions for ones I should include?
Related Resources . . .
- Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss – a Bible Study book review
- 31 Days of Finishing (2014 #Write31Days series)
- Finding Laughter (2015 #Write31Days series)
Today is Day 4 of the #Write31Days online writing challenge. My topic is 31 Days of Fruitful Words INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING. I know I will be challenged in more ways than writing every day. If you’d like to have more fruitful words coming from your mouth, please join me from October 1-31, 2016.
Go here for the landing page which has all the posts from this series.
Go here to see what #Write31Days is all about, the categories and the bloggers who are participating.