Complain or Pray
This is the first Joyce Meyer video I have ever watched. Folks have some strong opinions about her teaching. I found this video (51 minutes) to be helpful, interesting, full of truth, and had some great tidbits to mull over.
Here are the highlights I wrote down.
- Complain or pray. If you are going to complain about something, don’t bother to pray about it. God doesn’t answer complaints but He does answer prayers of faith.
- Our complaining hurts. We are hurting our family and the church by all our complaining. Christians should be the least complaining people in the world.
- What is the problem? Ask, “Is my problem the problem or is my attitude [expressed through complaints] the problem”?
- Let’s startle and shock the world. Let’s do this by being a BODY of people who do NOT murmur, find fault and complain. Instead, let’s be a people of gratitude and thankfulness.
- Give Thanks. Everyone of us has a lot more to be thankful for than to complain.
- The EASIEST thing to do is to complain. You don’t have to try to do this. The flesh must be disciplined by walking in the Spirit. The flesh doesn’t like being uncomfortable, interrupted, or inconvenienced in any way.
- Complaining doesn’t change anything. It drains you and sucks the life out of you. Instead get a vision to stand up and be the way you should be. You get one by praying and asking God. This is not a passive action.
- Get a proper perspective. Keep a list of things that are inconveniences, interruptions, or uncomfortable for this month. Then determine how big a deal they really were. Will you remember them in 5 years?
- Be more aggressive in thanksgiving and gratitude.
- Stop several times a day and LIVE in the moment, think about and tell God what you are grateful for at that time. Let’s have THANK POWER in our lives.
- Learn to pray your way through life. Ditch the complaining.
Update on the No Complaining Challenge: I am on Day 4 and going strong.
Your Turn . . .
- What tidbits are highlights for you? Mine are as follows: (1) I would love to be part of a movement that startled and shocked the world because Believers were the MOST non-complaining and thankful people around. … (2) I want to have an abundance of THANK power in my life.
- What do you think about the advice, “Complain or Pray”?
Related Resources . . .
- Stop Complaining by Joyce Meyer
- 31 Days of Finishing (2014 #Write31Days series)
- Finding Laughter (2015 #Write31Days series)
Today is Day 6 of the #Write31Days online October writing challenge. My topic is 31 Days of Fruitful Words INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING. I know I will be challenged in more ways than writing every day. If you’d like to have more fruitful words coming from your mouth, please join me from October 1-31, 2016.
Go here for the landing page which has all the posts from this series.
Go here to see what #Write31Days is all about, the categories and the bloggers who are participating.