Using Fruitful Words to Combat Complaining
It is Friday and so I want to look back at my last week and share five of my favorite blessings. Filling my head with good news, positive memories, and great outcomes help me stave off complaining. This is my No Complaining Month.
ONE. I bought a new bottle of shampoo. It smells yummy (coconut) and makes my hair feel so soft. Why is it that I run out of shampoo way before I run out of hair conditioner? Do you have that issue?
- My 1st goal is to not complain for 21 days in a row. I had one set back so I am on Day 12 of no complaining. I am wearing a Gratitude bracelet to help me stay alert.
- My 2nd goal is to have only fruitful words come out of my mouth: praise, gratitude, positive solutions. I am grateful for this opportunity to make sure I keep a guard on my lips and that I have a cheerful attitude especially when times are a challenge (like when I am driving).
THREE. I am connected with a school in the Middle East that accepts kiddos with special needs. I am grateful for Facebook because we get periodic updates. This week one of the youngsters received a wheelchair from a grant. His life is a little easier now. And the smile on the student’s face is AWESOME. And because pf Facebook a bunch of us could share in the joy of this answered prayer.
FOUR. Last weekend I went to So Cal with a mom and her teens. Each teen brought a friend and I was the friend for the mom. We went to Knott Scary Farm and Huntington Beach. Both venues were a lot of fun. And I experienced a lot of firsts: funnel cake, white chocolate candy, Knott Scary Farm, and listening to the Bible on DVD. We listened to Mathew-Luke.
FIVE. MY BED. I really enjoy my job – a lot. But I also enjoy vacation days. We had Monday off and I did a lot of sleeping. I caught up from my time in So Cal. So the last item on my gratitude list is my bed. It is so comfy. And being able to wear pj’s ALL DAY added to me feeling sooooo relaxed.
Your Turn . . .
- What is your favourite smell for a shampoo?
- What do you do to keep yourself from complaining?
- If you are on Facebook, what do you most appreciate about it?
- I haven’t been to a haunted house in decades. The ones at Knott Scary Farm were the right amount of scary and fun. I did scream but not from fear, but because I was startled. When was the last time you’ve gone to a Haunted House? Will you go to one this year?
- If you had a holiday on Monday, what was the most favorite thing you did?
No Complaining Update: I am now on Day 12/21 of no complaining.
Today is Day 14 of the #Write31Days online October writing challenge. My topic is 31 Days of Fruitful Words INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING. I know I will be challenged in more ways than writing every day. If you’d like to have more fruitful words coming from your mouth, please join me from October 1-31, 2016.
Go here for the landing page which has all the posts from this series.
Go here to see what #Write31Days is all about, the categories and the bloggers who are participating.