Posts filed under ‘Women’s Events’
Did any of you see this Tree that was by the sign-up sheet last Sunday? BEAUTIFUL!
Our 2 hour class is this Friday in Rudat Hall; 5:30-7:30pm.
You’ll want to be on time so you can devote all 120 minutes to this project, snacking, and visiting.
Things to Bring – NOT MANDATORY – just helpful
- glue gun
- wrapping paper scraps – to make your ornaments
Lina Washabaugh is our teacher. I am looking forward to seeing y’all and making my own beautiful creation.
CNC women are good at loving on one other. We honor each other with parties, listen well to each other, and we go out on Sundays after church. We want to connect better with one another and this is shown by things like our involvement in small groups, Secret Sister, and the mentoring program we had a couple of years ago.
But is there a better way for us to connect? Can we connect with more intention? I say the answer is, “Yes.”
On Monday, November 16th, there will be a new study for women. The book is Face-to-Face with Naomi and Ruth: Together for the Journey.
“Through the story of Naomi and Ruth, women will discover the power of committing to one another for the journey of faith in a relationship based on mutual caring and sharing.
- 2 small groups will begin on Monday, November 16th. One will be from 1:30-3pm. The other study will be from 7-8:30pm.
- We’ll discuss chapter 1 (in class) on that date. It is a five-week study.
- The price for a book is $9.75 (through Amazon). It is $4.99 (plus tax) on Kindle.
- I’ve ordered 8 books; so let me know today, if you’d like one. At present there is a back order on books.
- Of course you can go to a local book store to pick up your copy.
If this goes well and there is interest, we will have a one-on-one mentoring program in 2016.
Contact me today, if you have any questions and to RSVP “YES.” JOIN us in this small group, it will be time well spent.
There is no disputing that teas provide wonderful, even miraculous, health benefits. What are some of the health benefits, you ask?
The white, green and herbal teas are said to help with the following . . . Aging . . . Nervous tension and stress . . . Skin irritations like acne, eczema, and wrinkles, and . . . Weight loss.
You certainly can drink tea all on your own and reap the above benefits. But, how much more fun to drink with a table full of friends (or soon to become friends).
On Saturday, March 14th, 11am-1pm, Cordova Neighborhood Church will have 12 tables full of ladies and tea for our annual missions tea. We will start with the worship portion of the tea. This includes music, prayer, and time with our speaker, Marcia Braum.
Then we will move into Rudat Hall and have tea and appetizers (provided by each guest for their own table).
At the end of our TEA we won’t be . . .
- looking younger
- have nicer skin
But I bet we can say we feel . . .
- more connected to one another
- excited about what God is doing in Missions
- this was a satisfying and fun way to spend the afternoon
YOUR TURN . . . Sign up TODAY by leaving a comment below or call the church office: 635-5992. . . . Which one is your favourite health benefit?
Does your morning include a unique ritual? For some, like the monkey in the video below, tea is a necessary part of the morning.
And for some ladies, CNC’s Annual Missionary Tea is a necessary part of the Spring. Like this monkey, we will be offered a delicious brew, many choice foods, and even affection. However, there will be no grooming or jumping on rickshaws.
Take action today.
- Sign up today as a guest for the tea on Saturday, March 14th. Reply to this post or call me at the church office (635-5992).
- Think about what tea-food item you’ll bring for your table of ladies. Your table hostess will co-ordinate this.
- Watch this video for grins.
What is this all about?
- Sharon Miranda from Bayside Church will join us to explain the why and how of our project.
- The succinct answer is that we are making kits (packets) for folks who want to sew simple dresses for girls in Africa.
- We will assemble the kits.
- We will cut, iron, sew, or serge.
- MAKING a difference.
- Having FUN!
What may I bring?
- Bring the following if you can: good material scissors, measuring tape, iron, ironing board, sewing machine, and/or serger,
- Bring a snack food to share. John and Vi will bring the drinks.
Place and time to meet?
- We will meet and have FUN in Rooms 3-4 in the Kid’s Ministry Wing.
- We will meet from 6-8:30pm this Wednesday night.
- But come when you can and leave when you must
Do I need to RSVP?
- Yes, please RSVP so we know how many are coming.
- Also it will be helpful to know what supplies we will have.
Who do I contact if I have a question?
- Susan (me)
Click the following link for a PDF of this information: CNC Sewing Project.
Which one of the following teas does NOT promote health for the body?
If you guessed compost tea, you would be correct. Compost tea is a tea for the garden.
SIGN UP TODAY to be part of CNC’s Annual Tea.
- No Compost Tea Served.
- It is Saturday, February 8, 1-3 pm at CNC.
NOTE: If you are thinking about being a hostess, I can email you the details.
Your Turn . . . Reply below or call the church office at 635-5992.
Have you been to a women’s retreat before? If you have, then you know that many first-time ladies are nervous. The following list of ideas can aid anyone in having a successful retreat.
Listen—How God speaks to you one day might be different from how He speaks to you on another day. Sometimes God’s message will come through loud and clear; sometimes it will be a just a whisper. The point is to listen!
- Expect God the Father to do something in your life this weekend.
- Open yourself up to God’s promptings.
- Spend time after each session in meditation, prayer, and honest talk with others.
Not everybody grows at the same speed; that’s okay—The reality is that you need to concentrate on your growth and let others be responsible for their own growth.
- Relax. Be yourself. You are already accepted. You have a role and a reason for being here. In fact, our Father meant for you to be here.
- Find the time to contemplate and to write your response(s) to each session.
- Write a letter before the retreat (to yourself) and do a self-evaluation after the retreat.
This is a perfect opportunity to build relationships—Between family, work, church, school, and ministry, there’s never enough time to devote to your girlfriend relationships. It’s important to develop a strong network of healthy relationships. Aren’t you glad you’ll have the chance to do that at retreat.
- Spend time with a woman or women you don’t know at all or very well
- Find a prayer partner for the weekend.
- Be respectful of one another’s feelings and thoughts—keep confidences, don’t judge, and believe the best about one other.
Saturday Free Time—from noon to 3:55pm (Saturday PM session starts at 4:00 pm sharp!)
- Have fun.
- Be a good sport.
- Be open to God’s leading.
- Do something you’ve never done before.
Your Turn . . . What would you add to this list?
Related Posts . . .
- 5 Benefits from Attending Retreats (FFF – 2011)
- 6 Lessons About Retreat That Will Ease Your Nerves
- Do These 3 Things to Get the Most from Retreat
NOTE: Pam and I reduced two pages of ideas into one page and rearranged them to fit 4 categories. We then included this page in the notebook we gave the women for this year’s retreat. I hope you find at least one idea helpful. Thanks for your help, Pam.