Posts filed under ‘Thursday Challenge’
I’ve been thinking about caution and doodah’s dance moves and what makes me cautious.
Basically, I think I’m too cautious.
- Maybe it’s that first born thing.
- Maybe it’s because I am sooo clumsy and if I wasn’t cautious I’d be dead or seriously maimed in other places than my behind.
- Maybe it’s my nature.
But I’ve been thinking. What would happen if I removed those caution tapes that border me into a lovely, but confined and safe area?
- I probably won’t run into the street into oncoming traffic. But I might ride a bike between Santa Cruz and San Francisco sharing that little lane with meniacal cars.
- I probably won’t let each and every man I see lead me into sin. But I might take a dance class and let him lead. Or at least try to let him lead. 🙂
- I probably won’t eat and eat and eat and eat. But I might be uncomfortable (at times)until I learn to freely accept my body’s yearnings as ok.
- I probably will never be able to make my living as an artist. But I can beautify my life by living as an artist.
I will give this idea of “living life with too much caution tape” some more thought. I’ll let you know when I come up with my list.
Where does your caution tape needlessly keep you confined?
Where would you like to throw caution to the wind?
If you know where to stop and stop there, you will never be disgraced. Chinese proverb
Go here to see more entries in today’s Thursday Challenge.
Here are my 9 favorite photos – in no particular order. #10 is my first choice pick.
- Onion Taster – a surprising combination.
- Field of Sunshine – I’d love to be having a picnic on this hill.
- Sunflower head – Some closeups of heads are awesome. This is one of them.
- Biplane – This would be cool to ride in. Makes me think of Lynette and her plane stories.
- Hibiscus – Hawaii here I come – at least in my mind and nostrils. Can’t you just smell that fragrance?
- Incense – Photos from other cultures always make me think – especially ones that suggest a story. This one is very suggestive.
- Black-eyed Susans – Gotta love this one. It’s my namesake!
- Great Wall in Hong Kong – What a wall of yellow! Makes me wonder what story is inside each one of these lockers.
- Rest Area Hydrant – this made me laugh to see a hydrant here.
- Babies – sooooo cute.