Posts tagged ‘religion’
Sometimes I need to immerse myself in music that reminds me of eternal truths of . . . the Word . . . Rest . . . Prayer. What songs would you add to this list?
Ancient Words by Michael W Smith
Thy Word by Amy Grant and Michael W Smith
Word of God Speak by Mercy Me
Be Thou My Vision Ancient Hymn from the 8th century (especially verse 2)
Oh Lord, You’re Beautiful by Keith Green (especially the chorus)
The Battle Belongs to the Lord by Jamie Owens-Collins
You Are My Hiding Place by Selah
Offering (Christmas version) by Paul Baloche
In Christ Alone by Keith Getty & Stuart Townend
Praise Adonai by Paul Baloche
This exposure will hopefully increase Australian tourism. Go here for the official website to vote on your favorite applicant. Voting for the 50 final applicants closes March 24, 2009 . Go here and here to read more about this job.
While it would be marvelous to partake of this lifestyle for its 6 month duration, I don’t think it is the best job in the world. I think I Chronicles 16:4a describes the best job . . .
“David appointed Levites to minister before the ark of the Lord and to celebrate [by calling to mind], thanking and praising the Lord, the God of Israel (I Chronicles 16:4a Amplified Bible).
Here’s an advert David could have posted in the Jerusalem Gazette: Looking for Levites to lead the people in worship. Duties: celebrating, thanking and praising the Lord God.
Live the abundant, grace-filled life and then publicly share via celebration, thanksgiving and praise what God has done. Now that’s something I’d love to get paid to do! Hopefully this public exposure will show who and what God is like, increase faith, and lead people into a closer walk with God.
I am thankful for the worship leaders at my church. I believe they do the above.
Today, I’m going to celebrate by calling to mind things that cause me to thank and praise the Lord God Almighty!
- God wipes out my transgressions.
- He remembers them no more.
- He does this for His own sake!
Isaiah 46: 4 – one of my favorite verses right now for obvious reasons.
- God will take care of me . . .
- . . . Even when I am old.
- . . . Even when I have grey hair.
The Lord God is my . . .
- . . . Strength.
- . . . Personal bravery.
- . . . Invincible army.
- He enables me to walk and not stand still in terror.
- He helps me make spiritual progress upon my high places of trouble, suffering, and/or responsibility.
What would be your best job in the world? What causes you to celebrate, thank and/or praise God?
“What is Jesus’ phone number?”
My young friend was not satisfied with the answer that prayer is how we can get His attention.
Dutch artist Johan van der Dong has an idea my friend would like better. Mr. van der Dong set up a cell phone for God. People call and leave God a phone message – at least until September 2009. Then it’s back to our usual ways of connecting with God.
This exhibit is not a joke or meant to demean a person’s desire to talk to God. Susanna Groot, the exhibition spokewoman, says, “In earlier times you would go to a church to say a prayer and now [this is an] opportunity to just make a phone call and say your prayer in a modern way.”
What are some ways that you talk to God?
Looking for a good commentary on Genesis?
Our pastor recommends this one by Derek Kidner. Pastor Mike said its the kind of book where every sentence is loaded. You can get a commentary for as low as $1.48 + $3.99 shipping.
Yes, of course I ordered one!
If you order one too, let me know. Maybe we can talk about what we read.
What a relief that is.
When I started Seminary several years ago, I made an agreement with God. If I didn’t have the money, I would not go that quarter. I would trust God to provide direction and the necessary money as HE SAW FIT.
Until last quarter I was faithful to that promise. I didn’t have the money, BUT certain funds were going to come in: from a debt someone owed me, from a trust fund, and from a side job. I really wanted to go to school because I had a schedule to keep. I want to graduate next May and so I NEED to take 2-3 classes each quarter. Therefore, I put the charges on my credit card knowing it would be paid off within the month. I counted on money I did not have.
Of course you know what happened. None of it came in. So not only did I have a credit card payment with interest and finance charges to pay each month. . . .
. . . . I disobeyed God. I won’t do that again.
Tuition is due the end of May. This time, if no money, then no classes. My school schedule is in God’s hands. Please pray for my faith, discernment and obedience.
I’ve done 3 new things from my 51 Things To-do-List:
- I learned to do one new thing on my blog. You might have noticed: PICTURES! My sista showed me stockxpert – the leading free stock photo site. It is quick to sign up for a free account. Nice choices. Easy to use. And if I can use it, anyone can.
- I read my second just for fun book: The Secret of the Old Clock – the first of the Nancy Drew mystery series. I read all these books as a child. My niece, Es, is reading these now and lent me her copy. It was a fun read – good junk food is the category I’d place it in. I’ll give a recap later.
- Because of extra money coming in, I’ve been able to tithe extra. I put the money towards the Building fund and the Missions fund. Of course it was tempting to keep it all for my needs. But I’ve been trying to practice what Pastor Mike has been teaching us in his last series on “God’s Remedy for Financial Worries.”
Hmmm. Maybe the extra money was a quiz from God to see what it is I’ve been learning. Keep reading for what I’ve been learning from Pastor Mike.
- Keep your priorities straight. Desire what God desires. God’s will be done in heaven and earth.
- Continue to be generous. Don’t let fear affect my heart. Don’t let fear stop me from helping those around me.
- Make God’s kingdom & righteousness my first ambition.
- Take one day at a time. “Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes,” Matthew 6:34. The Message
Go here for information on how to contact the church office and get your OWN copy of this sermon series.
What quizzes have been coming your way? How are your goals coming along? What new things have you learned? Do share here in the comments or at your blog.