My 11 Tips & Observations to Make a No-Sew Fleece Blanket
No-sew blankets are easy and quick to make especially when it’s a baby-sized blanket. I bought one yard of both the plain and doggy-covered material. After tying it, the blanket turned out to be 29″ x 50″.
Suggested Materials Needed . . .
- Newborn: 36″ X 24″ – makes a great size for car seats
- Baby/Toddler: 1 to 1 1/2 yards
- Child: 1 3/4 yards
- Teen/Adult: 2 yards
Sewing Directions and Ideas . . .
- I used these directions .
- This site has pictures.
- This site show how to do a balloon knot instead of double knot.
- Here is an option to fringe only the two short sides and sew long sides together. It also has pillow instructions here.
- Consider the size the blanket will end up after cutting the fringe. My fringe was 4 inches. So that means my blanket was 8 inches smaller on each side.
- I initially tied every other fringe. That way I was able to sit with the blanket in my lap and finish it up in a chair instead of on floor.
- Wash material before tying it.
- The narrow ends were not as stretchy so I could have cut the fringe longer as said by this site (#4). These fringes ended up 1/4th shorter. But it doesn’t really matter to the overall look.
- I tied mine as double knots. So that made the fringe shorter.
- I cut each fringe 4 inches. I think they are long enough.
- I cut out a 4 inch square in each corner.
- My blanket didn’t line up exactly on one long end. It turned out it didn’t matter.
- Make sure both fleece materials are the same weight
- Also use fleece that doesn’t tear when tying. The lady at the sewing counter told me this.
- Use anti-pill fleece.
Your Turn . . . Have you ever made a no-sew blanket? If yes, share your photos.
Related Posts . . .
- 21 Days of Tea Conclusion and Index to Teas, Recipes & Crafts
- Decorate your KINDLE Cover With This No Sew Idea
- Heart-Shaped Hand-Sewn Tea Bags