Posts filed under ‘Table of Contents of Christmas Posts’
Christmas Table of Contents
- 6 Ways to Decommercialize Christmas. Does it bother you that stores start selling Christmas decorations and Christmas themed gifts as soon as Halloween is over? Are you offended that many stores are bowing to politically correct pressure and requiring their clerks and cashiers to say “Happy Holidays” instead of Merry Christmas? Read on for 6 ways to put Christ back into Christmas.
- 7 More Ways to Decommercialize Christmas. Do you feel that the true meaning of Christmas has become lost in the wrappings, trappings, and political fights? Well read on for 7 more ways to put Christ back into Christmas.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas Quiz. I’ve been watching A Charlie Brown Christmas for 45 years now (in 2010). In my younger years, this is the special on TV that signalled “Christmas was near.” I watched it again last night and enjoyed it as much as I have every other year.
- A Christmas Tale of Two Families. I contrast my family’s 1996 Christmas with that of the Ramsey family. . . Snuggle & Pray.
- Decorations Can be Emotional Bombs. Unpacking holiday decorations means unpacking memories too. I found that some of these memories turned hurtful after my divorce.
- Do I Look Bossy to You? Reflections after a Christmas program.
- Don’t have 22 Things on my Gratitude List. Instead it’s all about relationships. . . . In fact, that point is the theme for a movie I saw last night: 12 Days of Christmas Eve starring Steven Weber and Molly Shannon. Click here to read the rest of the movie review and to see who I’m grateful for.
- Christmas Dam is Broken – It’s OK to Sing Christmas Songs. 13 Songs I’ve been singing.
- Christmas in July: 13 Things to Do By Mid October. 13 things you can do in the summer to make Christmas preparation in December that much easier.
- Game Readies Ladies for Dec. 2nd Party. Take this game to check you holiday spirit.
- Hate Your Name, Job, and Life? So Did This Guy Until… This children’s book has engaging artwork, an imaginative storyline, and will remind you of what’s truly important at this Christmas season.
- Highlights from December 1-9. It’s fun to look back and see what I did these first 9 days of December in 2006.
- How to Make a Christmas Card Wreath for $2. Using Dollar Tree items and everyday supplies, I totally made a cool way to display my cards.
- Ladies Christmas Party in Two Days. Invite to CNC ladies in 2007. White Elephant instructions found at this post.
- Ladies Christmas Party in Two Weeks. White Elephant instructions found at this post. Invite to CNC ladies in 2002.
- Perfect Gift Takes Reflection and Sacrifice. The Christmas movie, The Bishop’s Wife, helps me to think about what’s truly important at Christmas and what gift I’ll give to the birthday Boy/God named Jesus.
- The Nativity (movie) Filled Our Time and Minds. Going to the movies was a way to fill time until the party. And it was a fun way to fill our minds with the Christmas Story. Click here to read my movie review.
- Traditions: Getting Past the Meaningless to Find the Meaning. Devotional about the need for traditions and how to get the most out of them.