8 Characteristics that Encourage Kids to WorshipWhat Does Kids Worship Look Like?” It opened my mind as to what good kids worship looks like.
They are NOT miniature adults. Kiddos do not have the attention span, emotional/cognitive maturity, and likes of adults. Their worship time, if it is to be meaningful, needs to have different characteristics than an adult worship service.
Below are bullet points from this video.
- It has energy, wiggles, and attention-deprived behavior.
- Expect kids worship to look like your kids look everywhere else.
- Do NOT think that kids will worship like adults.
- Kids are multi-sensory.
- Kids worship God in the context of the size of their world.
- You’re not training them to sit still; you’re allowing them to connect with God.
- Don’t worry if the time you spend in kids worship doesn’t fit some artificial formula.
- Worship loud.
Your Turn . . . Do you agree or disagree? . . . What have you noticed that is present when kids worship well?