Constant Comment in a Tulip Mug and Iced Sweet Tea Recipe
This mug was a thank you gift. I LOVE tulips, the cheery colours, and the size (10 ounces). It also came with a lid and wire mesh strainer. This is a favourite mug!
Day 13 (January 23)
I drank this tea hot and plain. Seems like that’s my typical refrain.
- This black tea has orange rind and sweet spice. Smells lovely.
- It was a bit “heavy” and bitter to drink. After doing some research and READING the envelope housing the tea bag, it appears I steeped it too long. It only needs 1-2 minutes and not the typical 3-5 minutes.
- Sure wish I knew “tea language” in order to better describe what I am drinking.
- When I want to drink sweet tea, this is the one for me.
- Steep 4 tea bags in a quart of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Add another quart of cold water.
- Add sweetener to taste.
- Chill or serve or ice cubes.
Your Turn . . . Do you like Constant Comment? . . . . Do you drink sweet tea? If yes, share your recipe.
21 Days of Tea Series is after the jump.
- Sweet & Spicy (cinnamon dominant herbal blend)
- Zen (lemon grass, spearmint, green tea)
- Rainforest Red (red rooibos, hibiscus, chicory root, blackberry leaves, orange peel, ginger root, acai)
- English Breakfast
- Earl Grey (blend of black teas, oil of bergamot)
- Tulsi Sweet Rose (blend of tulsi and sweet rose)
- Pomegranate Raspberry Green Tea (green tea, chamomile, hibiscus flowers, orange peel, citric acid, pomegranate flavor, raspberry flavor, Japanese matcha)
- Green Moroccan Mint (green tea, spearmint, peppermint, lemongrass) – all organic and fair trade certified
- Orange Spice Black Tea (blended black tea, orange peel, cinnamon, orange oil, clove flavour)
- Russian Morning #24– loose leaf (Russian blend of black China, Ceylon, and India Teas)
- Green Tea with Blueberries (Green Tea with Nature Identical Blueberry Flavour )